- noun too much of something
- plural noun bad behaviour such as eating or drinking too much
- noun an amount or quantity greater than what is expected, needed or allowed
(written as Excess)A term used in insurance to mean the sum payable by the insured person, or deducted from the insurer's compensation, in the event of a claim.
- noun the amount to be paid by the insured as part of any claim made under the terms of an insurance policy
- noun in feminist theory, the unrestricted, enjoyable expenditure of resources such as energy, money, time etc.
- noun too much of a substance
- noun a particular amount of money that a policyholder must pay towards the cost of any insurance claim made