- noun the act of shutting someone or something out
- noun the act of being stopped from going to school because of bad behaviour
- noun the act of not including something or someone
- noun an item reported on the tax return but on which no tax is payable
- noun the action of cutting people off from being full members of society, because of lack of education, alcoholism or drug abuse, unemployment, etc.
- noun the act of not including someone, as when a consumer is prevented from using a good; the good is then a private good which can be bought or sold. If a good is available to anyone, free of charge, then it is a public good.
- noun a situation where someone is prevented from entering or taking part in something
- noun the situation where a student is officially prevented from attending school, either temporarily or permanently, because of very bad behaviour
- noun the act of not including something or somebody