- noun the rewriting of a mathematical function as a series of terms
Cars & Driving
- noun the increase in volume of a liquid or a gas
- The increase in dimensions or volume of a body or material caused by thermal variations, moisture, or other environmental conditions. See also expansion bend.
- economic expansion
- abbreviation forEconomic expansion
- The upward phase of the business cycle, in which GDP is rising and unemployment may be falling over time.
- An increase in extent, size, volume, quantity, number, or scope. Also, the extent of such an increase.
- The restoration of the space and/or bandwidth of data after compression.
- The increase of the volume range of an audiofrequency signal, to reverse the effect of volume compression.
- The restoration of the gain of a signal, so that so that the higher magnitude levels have a higher effective gain than the lower magnitude levels, reversing the effects of compression.
- In communications, a circuit with more outputs than inputs.