- noun a feeling that something will happen
- noun what someone believes will happen, especially concerning their future prosperity
- noun what someone believes about an item or service to be purchased, which is one of the reasons for making the purchase
- The expectation of a variable is the same as its expected value, and is also used with both meanings.
- noun a confident belief or strong hope that a particular event will happen
- noun a standard of conduct or performance expected by or of somebody