- noun a way of finding out about something
- verb to try something new
- verb to carry out a scientific test under controlled conditions in order to demonstrate or discover something
- noun a scientific test, carried out under controlled conditions, that is made to demonstrate or discover something
- One or more procedures which are undertaken under controlled conditions, and which serve for research, testing, proving or disproving a hypothesis, or for demonstration.
Information & Library Science
- noun a scientific test done to prove or discover something
- noun a scientific test conducted under set conditions