- noun a person who practises a certain belief or a certain art
- noun a number or variable placed to the upper right of a number or mathematical expression that indicates the number of times the number or expression is to be multiplied by itself, as in 23, which equals 8
- noun a number indicating how many times a base number is to be multiplied to produce a certain power. It is printed in small characters after the base number.
- A number indicating the power to which another number, the base, is raised. For example, in 28, the 8 is the exponent, and the 2 is the base. Also called power (3).
Information & Library Science
- noun somebody who argues in support of an idea