- noun a food additive which makes the food bigger or heavier without adding to its food value
- An opaque, white, inert mineral pigment, such as calcium carbonate, silica, diatomaceous earth, talc, or clay, that is added to paintto provide texture, lower gloss, or reduce paint cost by providing bulk.
- A volume-increasing, cost-reducing additive in synthetic resin adhesives.
- A substance added to food to increase its bulk as e.g. flour with ground spices or gelatine, water and sugar with whipped cream
- noun the part of a lower-case letter such as p or h that extends above or below the rounded body of the letter
- noun a substance added to ink to make it less opaque