- noun something added to something else to make it longer
- noun an additional period of time allowed for something, e.g. the repayment of a debt
- noun an individual telephone linked to the main switchboard
- A wing, ell, or other addition to an existing building.
- The product of a quantity multiplied by a unit price.
- The completion of a mathematical equation.
- An agreement between parties extending to term of a contract.
- An enlargement in scope, or in length of time. For instance, a plug in which adds functionality to an application.
- A set of characters appearing at the end of a filename, indicating the file type. For example, in the filename notepen.exe, the .exe portion is the extension, and in this case specifies an executable program. Also called filename extension.
- A telephone, modem, or similar device connected to a main line, such as a PBX.
- noun the act of allowing more time for an activity
- noun the stretching or straightening out of a joint