- noun the act or process of removing something
- noun the action of producing a substance out of another
- The process of mechanically removing layers of old paint or other material and retaining a portion of the substrate for laboratory analysis.
- The process of extracting one component from a mixture
- The percentage of flour which is obtained from the original dehusked wheat grain. For white flours this is normally around 80 per cent. Above this figure the bran content starts to increase giving a brown appearance.
- noun the removal of part of the body, especially a tooth
- noun in obstetrics, delivery, usually a breech presentation, which needs medical assistance