Cars & Driving

  • noun a panel forming part of the external trim, such as that below the bumper


  • noun a board over a shop on which the name of the shop is written
  • noun a board above an exhibition stand on which the name of the company represented is written


  • A board used on the outside vertical face of a cornice.
  • The board connecting the top of the siding with the bottom of a soffit.
  • A board nailed across the ends of the rafters at the eaves.
  • The edge beam of a bridge.
  • A flat member or band at the surface of a building.


  • noun fibrous tissue covering a muscle or an organ

Real Estate

  • noun the flat horizontal surface immediately below the edge of a roof