- noun an examination and report into the usefulness and cost of a new product that is being considered for purchase
- A thorough study of a proposed construction project to evaluate its economic, financial, technical, functional, environmental, and cultural advisability.
- An analysis of an enterprise or project which will determine whether it is worth attempting. Factors such as the necessary technology, completion time, net cost, and expected benefits are taken into account. Used, for instance, when considering developing a computer application, a chip, and so on.
Information & Library Science
- noun a survey and report about the usefulness and potential of a plan or policy to see if it will work
- noun work done to see if something which has been planned is a good idea