Cars & Driving

  • noun a type of tyre wear in which the tread is worn down to a very thin edge
  • noun the act of very gently pressing on the throttle or brake pedal

Media Studies

  • noun the way that printing ink spreads in lines on paper that is too absorbent
  • noun the process of putting extra leading between the lines of typeset text, in order to make the type area of the page longer


  • noun blurred ink caused by a fault in the paper, usually lack of sizing
  • noun the act of putting extra leading in phototypesetting, so as to make the type area of a page longer