- noun a natural filament such as cotton or a synthetic filament such as nylon
- noun a long narrow plant cell with thickened walls that forms part of a plant’s supporting tissue, especially in the outer region of a stem
- noun a hair, e.g. of a rabbit or goat
- noun a very thin glass or plastic strand that can carry data in the form of light signals
- Non-digestible carbohydrates of vegetable origin which add bulk to the bowel contents causing a more rapid transit through the body, curing constipation and reducing the incidence of bowel cancer. Available from most whole unprocessed natural vegetables, seeds and fruit and in processed form from the bran by-products of grain milling.
- noun a structure in the body shaped like a thread
- noun a solid thread-like part of wood or rag, which is retained in the pulp and in the finished paper