- noun the furrow left at the edge of a ploughed field
- verb to feed cattle or sheep at a rate of growth which increases the ratio of muscle to bone, and increases the proportion of fatty tissue in the carcass to a level at which the animal is considered to be fit for slaughter
- noun an end of a day’s trading on the Stock Exchange
Cars & Driving
- noun the general appearance or condition of a surface, either painted or unpainted
- verb to give (a surface) its final treatment, resulting in a certain appearance
- verb to do something or to make something completely
- The texture of a surface after compacting and finishing operations have been performed.
- A high-quality piece of lumber graded for appearance and often used for interior trim or cabinet work.
- An outer coating or final treatment for a surface. A finish may be applied to protect, impart desired properties, or to decorate.
- noun the final appearance of something, especially the surface given to paper by rolling, coating or embossing
- verb to carry out the last part of the book production process
- verb to treat something, especially wood or metal, in order to achieve a desired surface effect
- noun the final part of a race, especially a sprint, acceleration or challenge, near the finishing line
- the taste that lingers in your mouth after you swallow the wine. It is often the best indicator of the quality of a wine. The length of time the taste lingers can vary from a short to a long finish.