- noun a large metal container, usually painted red, containing chemicals which can be sprayed on to a fire to put it out
- noun a portable device full of foam, water, powder, etc., for putting out fires
Cars & Driving
- noun a cylinder which can spray powder, foam or a liquid onto a fire to put it out
- A portable device for immediate use in suppressing a fire. There are four classes of fires: A, B, C or D. A single device is designed for use on one or more classes.
- noun a device full of foam, water or chemicals, used for putting out fires