Cars & Driving
- The excitation of a circuit or device via a brief pulse.
- The use of a pulse to excite a magnetron or TR tube.
- In a gas-discharge tube, the ionization which initiates the flow of current.
- In a saturable reactor, the transition from a non-saturated state to a saturated state.
- The heating of certain nonmetallic mineral substances, such as silicon dioxide or clay, so as to form a ceramic. Also, other similar bondings using heat.
- adjective relating to the firing of weapons or the detonation of explosives
- noun an act of firing weapons