- plural noun business costs which do not change with the quantity of the product made
- plural noun costs such as rent which do not increase with the quantity of a product produced
- These costs can be defined in two different ways. In total, fixed costs remain the same as volume changes. On a per unit basis, fixed costs decline as volume increases. Examples include office rent, administrative salaries, insurance, and office supplies.
- plural noun costs paid to produce a product which do not increase with the amount of product made (such as rent or insurance)
(written as Fixed Costs)These are opportunity costs that do not vary with output rates and that therefore do not form a part of marginal cost.
- plural noun a set amount of money to which a claimant is entitled in legal proceedings
- plural noun business costs which do not rise with the quantity of the product made or with the amount of business done by a restaurant or hotel