General English

  • noun a flat part which is attached to an object and has a special type of fastening allowing it to move up and down
  • verb to move up and down like a bird’s wing


Cars & Driving

  • noun a flat piece of material attached along one side, often by a hinge and thus forming a small door for shutting off an aperture

Information & Library Science

  • noun either of the two parts of a dust jacket that fold inside a book’s cover and are usually printed with information about the book or author


  • noun a flat piece attached to something, especially a piece of skin or tissue still attached to the body at one side and used in grafts