General English

General Science

  • verb to move very slightly


  • noun a computer graphic image whose brightness varies rapidly at a visible rate because of a low image refresh rate or signal corruption


  • A brief variation or fluctuation, especially of light.
  • Brief and irregular fluctuations in a displayed image. Seen, for instance in CRTs used in TVs or computer monitors. When such fluctuations occur as a result of unwanted fluctuations in the chrominance and/or luminance signal, it is called color flicker.

Media Studies

  • noun the effect of wavering or unsteady light on a television screen, caused by differences in update rates as the image is being created on the screen and perceived by the eye