- verb to move very slightly
- noun a computer graphic image whose brightness varies rapidly at a visible rate because of a low image refresh rate or signal corruption
- A brief variation or fluctuation, especially of light.
- Brief and irregular fluctuations in a displayed image. Seen, for instance in CRTs used in TVs or computer monitors. When such fluctuations occur as a result of unwanted fluctuations in the chrominance and/or luminance signal, it is called color flicker.
- noun the effect of wavering or unsteady light on a television screen, caused by differences in update rates as the image is being created on the screen and perceived by the eye