- noun a long flat piece of rubber which you can attach to your foot to help you swim faster
- noun the flat arm or leg of a sea animal, used for swimming
- noun a relatively slow ball that behaves somewhat like a top-spinner and is produced by a particularly convoluted variety of wrist-spinCitation ‘He turned the series in Australia’s favour with a decisive spell in the second innings, beginning with a flipper that completely deceived Richie Richardson’ (Australian Cricket October 1993)
- noun a swell can with one bulging end that can be forced back into place causing the other end to spring out
- A brace for a flat, usually hinged and attached atright angles.