- noun a game played between two teams of eleven players with a round ball which can be kicked or headed, but not carried
- noun a ball used for kicking; the ball used in the various games of football
- noun a game in which 2 teams of 11 players try to kick or head a round ball into the goal defended by the opposing team.
- noun any game in which two teams kick or carry a ball into a goal or over a line, e.g. rugby, Australian Rules or Gaelic football
- noun the large round ball used in the game of football