- noun the front part of an illustration, as opposed to the background
- noun a high-priority task done by a computer
- On a computer screen that has more than one window open, the window which is currently being interacted with. All others are background (3) windows.
- On a screen or display, the area that is being specifically interacted with or observed. Also called display foreground.
- On a screen or display, the area where characters and/or graphics are displayed.
- In computers, processing and other functions that interrupt those of less priority when needed.
- noun the area of a picture or scene that appears to be nearest to the viewer