- noun a statement of a scientific fact, often shown by means of symbols
- noun a set of plans for achieving something
- noun a representation of the chemical composition of a compound in terms of its atoms
Cars & Driving
- A mathematical expression utilized to relate quantities and solve problems. For example, the mass-energy equation is expressed as: E = mc2, where E is energy, m is mass, and c is the speed of light in a vacuum.
- A combination of chemical symbols and numbers which describes the chemical composition of a substance. For instance, the chemical formula of boron trichloride is BCl3, indicating that for each boron atom there are three chlorine atoms. Also called chemical formula (2).
- noun a way of indicating the composition of a chemical compound using letters and numbers, e.g. H2SO4
- noun powdered milk for babies
Information & Library Science
- noun a set of numbers, letters or symbols which represents a mathematical or scientific rule
- noun instructions on how to prepare a drug