- The adjusting of a picture, such as that appearing on a monitor or screen, so that it is in the desired position.
- The synchronization of the vertical component of a video signal, such as that of TV.
- In fax communications, the adjustment of the picture to a desired position in the direction of line progression.
- synonymframe synchronization
- noun the adjustment of the positioning of a film in a projector so that the image on the screen is shown in the correct position
- noun the way a scene in a film is composed within the visual field of the camera