friction feed



  • A method or mechanism for moving papers, or other appropriate mediums, through a printer by pulling or pushing it while pinched between rollers. This contrasts with a tractor feed, in which the medium being printed upon has holes which match the pins of rotating wheels on each side of the printer.


  • noun a printer mechanism where the paper is advanced by holding it between two rollers