(written as front-end)located at the start or most important point of a circuit or network
(written as front-end)the visible part of an application that is seen by a user and is used to view and work with information
(written as front-end)referring to the start of an investment or insurance
Cars & Driving
- noun the body area incorporating the leading edge of the wings, the headlights, radiator grille and bumper, i.e. the full area that makes up the frontal appearance of the car
- noun the part of an organisation that meets and deals with customers face-to-face
- adjective the visible part of an application that is seen by a user and is used to view and work with information
- In a client/server environment, the client part. The server part is the back end.
- In computers, that which provides a user interface. For instance, in an application it may be a GUI where data is entered and seen, as opposed to the processing tasks that are not readily apparent to a user.
- The first amplification stage of a receiver, such as a radio or TV receiver. May also refer to the first stages.