General English

  • noun objects in, e.g. a house or an office such as tables, chairs, beds and cupboards

Media Studies

  • noun strips of hard material such as wood, metal or plastic that fill the spaces between and around metal type that has been set up to be printed


  • noun pieces of wood wedged round the edge of the metal type in a forme, to keep it tight and to make a margin, or similar pieces of wood used to make blank spaces in typeset text.

Real Estate

  • noun the movable items in a room, e.g. chairs, desks and cabinets
  • noun the metal or plastic accessories fitted to an item of joinery or cabinetwork, e.g. door hinges and drawer handles


  • noun chairs, tables, beds and similar items