- noun objects in, e.g. a house or an office such as tables, chairs, beds and cupboards
- noun strips of hard material such as wood, metal or plastic that fill the spaces between and around metal type that has been set up to be printed
- noun pieces of wood wedged round the edge of the metal type in a forme, to keep it tight and to make a margin, or similar pieces of wood used to make blank spaces in typeset text.
- noun the movable items in a room, e.g. chairs, desks and cabinets
- noun the metal or plastic accessories fitted to an item of joinery or cabinetwork, e.g. door hinges and drawer handles
- noun chairs, tables, beds and similar items