- noun a substance that has coagulated to form a jelly-like solid
- The colloidal state of a material.
- Jelly. Technically any liquid which is in a solid state by virtue of the network of strands of protein or carbohydrate which gives it a solid structure.
(written as gelé)Jelly
- noun a sheet of coloured acetate placed over a light in the theatre or on a film set to create different lighting effects.
- A colour filter for a stage light; they were originally madeof gelatine but are now usually made from plastic. The gel was traditionallyheld in front of the light by a gel frame.