- noun a group of individuals who are born and live at about the same time
- noun the act or process of making or creating something
- noun the production of data, software or programs using a computer
- noun a group of individual organisms derived from the same parents
- noun a class of objects derived from an earlier class
- noun the process of producing data or software or programs using a computer
- noun the state or age of the technology used in the design of a system
- noun the distance between a file and the original version, used when making backups
- The process of producing something. For instance, energy, a signal, a voltage, a current, a result, a set of instructions, and so on
- The process of converting mechanical energy into electrical energy.
- The process of converting another form of energy into electrical energy.
- The process of generating AC power.
- The process of producing an alternating current or voltage of a desired frequency.
- The utilization of a computer program to create other programs.
- A group whose members are contemporary to each other, from the technological perspective. For instance, fourth-generation computers.
- A member within a family of files. For instance, the copy or version saved before a given file is the parent file. The grandparent file is the generation before that.
- The number of recording steps away from a master, or from a given copy.
Information & Library Science
- noun a stage of development in the design and manufacture of machines
- noun the period of time in which people can grow up and have children, usually 25 to 30 years
- noun a stage in the development of a product. Each new generation is a new version of the product with certain technical improvements on the preceding version.