- noun a device that generates electricity
- noun a device that generates new programs according to rules or specifications set out by the user
- noun a power-operated device for making electricity
Cars & Driving
- noun a program that generates new programs according to rules or specifications set out by the user
- A mechanical or electromechanical device that converts mechanical energy into electrical power, as an alternator producing alternating current or a dynamo producing direct current.
- A person, firm, or entity whose activities create a hazardous waste.
- That which produces something. That generated may be energy, a signal, a voltage, a current, a result, a set of instructions, and so on.
- A machine or device which converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. Such a machine or device is usually rotary, and may, for instance, utilize magnetic flux to convert angular displacement into electricity. Also called dynamo, or electric generator (1).
- A device which converts another form of energy into electrical energy. Examples include dynamos, batteries, and oscillators. Also called electric generator (2).
- A device which generates AC power. Also called AC generator (2).
- An electronic device whose output is an alternating current or voltage of a desired frequency.
- A computer program utilized to create other programs. An example is an application generator.
- noun a mobile source of electricity for use when filming on location
- noun a machine designed for producing electricity