- noun a cell or group of cells that secrete a specific substance
Cars & Driving
- noun a seal that stops fluid under pressure leaking past a rotating or reciprocating shaft or rod
- In plumbing, a brass or copper ring that is compressed by a screwed fitting over a copper tube, and that deforms to become a seal between the two.
- In electrical work, a seal used to prevent water from entering the end of a cable.
- noun an organ in the body containing cells that secrete substances such as hormones, sweat or saliva which act elsewhere