- noun a system of satellite navigation operated by Russia.
- A Russian satellite system similar to the GPS System. It also has 24 satellites, and is optimized for the northern latitudes. It is an acronym of Global Navigation Satellite System, or global Orbiting Navigation satellite System.
- acronym forGlobal Navigation Satellite System
- A general term for a global navigation system utilizing satellites, such as GPS or GLONASS.
- A global navigation system incorporating two or more systems such as GPS or GLONASS.