- noun a person in charge of an important institution
- noun one of the members of the federal Reserve board
- noun a device for controlling or limiting the speed size or amount of something
Cars & Driving
- A circuit or device which automatically controls a parameter, such as speed or temperature, of a mechanical device such as an engine.
- noun a person who governs a state or province
- noun a person representing the crown, e.g. the official in charge of a colony
- noun a member of a group responsible for controlling a public institution such as a hospital or school