- verb to pick something up suddenly
- verb to get something quickly
Cars & Driving
- verb to come on suddenly when the brake pedal is pressed
- verb to take up the drive suddenly when the clutch pedal is released.
- verb to kiss. In this sense the word has been used by British adolescents since the late 1990s.
Origin & History of “grab”
is a Germanic word
. It was probably borrowed from middle
Dutch or Middle Low German grabben
were descendants of a prehistoric Germanic *grab
-, which could well have
been related to the *graip
- which produced grip, gripe
, and grope