- noun a position on a scale of size, quality, amount or academic achievement
- noun a category of something which is classified according to quality or size
- verb to divide produce into different categories, according to its quality or size
- verb to sort something into different levels of quality
- verb to make something rise in steps according to quantity
- The surface or level of the ground.
- A classification of quality as, for instance, in lumber.
- The existing or proposed ground level or elevation on a building site or around a building.
- The slope or rate of incline or decline of a road, expressed as a percent.
- In plumbing, the slope of installed pipe, expressed in the fall in inches per foot length of pipe.
- The classification of the durability of brick.
- Any surface prepared to accept paving, conduit, or rails.
- A position, level, or class within a given scale or accepted standard. For instance, when referring to communication bandwidths, voice grade refers to a frequency range which adequately transmits human speech.
Information & Library Science
- noun a mark given to a piece of coursework or an examination which indicates the level of success attained
- noun a level of proficiency, quality, rank, etc.
- verb to level a road or railway