Cars & Driving
- noun a measure of this, expressed as the ratio of height (or drop) to horizontal distance; a steep hill might be 1 in 4, whilst a gradual slope might be 1 in 10
- noun a smooth change of colour from one colour to another or from black to white
- The change in elevation of a surface, road, or pipe usually expressed in a percentage or in degrees.
- The rate of change of a variable such as temperature, flow, or pressure.
- The rate of change of a physical quantity, such as voltage or pressure, as a function of a given variable, such as distance.