- noun pictures or lines which can be drawn on paper or on a screen to represent information
- Pictorial representations, especially those utilized to convey information.
- In communications, transmission of non-voice information, such as TV or fax images.
- The use of computers to store, manipulate and display images, such as pictures, animation, and video. Computers handle graphics either as vector graphics or as bitmapped graphics, and these are used in programs such as those for computer-aided design, desktop publishing, painting, presentations, or animation. A graphics monitor is required to display the images, and almost all computer monitors are of this type. Also called computer graphics (1).
- Any visible computer output, except for alphanumeric characters. Examples, include icons, pictures, drawings, and graphs. Also called computer graphics (2).
- plural noun designs and illustrations in printed work, especially designs which are created by computers
- plural noun illustrations and drawings (not photographs) used in the layout of a printed page
- plural noun images created by computer or by hand, rather than by filming something ‘real’