- A metal box-like structure with an open front and a rack on which to place food to be grilled. Elements on the underside of the top surface are heated to a red glow with either gas or electricity.
- noun a device on a cooker that radiates heat downwards
- noun a flat surface of parallel metal bars on which food is grill
- verb to interrogate. Police and armed-forces slang of the 1950s which has become a widely used colloquialism.
- verb to intrude upon someone’s personal space, from the noun form. A fashionable usage among adolescents since around 2002.
- noun an open metal surface with heat above or below, used to cook meat, fish and some vegetables
- noun a restaurant, or part of a restaurant, which specialises in grilled food
- verb to cook food on or under a grill