General English

Cars & Driving

  • noun a flexible ring or strap to hold a pipe, e.g. an exhaust pipe
  • noun a mounting bracket, e.g. a spring hanger for a leaf spring
  • noun a component of sighting point gauges, used to install the gauge at the vehicle chassis


  • A strip, strap, rod, or similar hardware for connecting pipe, metal gutter, or framework, such as for a hung ceiling, to its overhead support.
  • Any of a class of hardware used in supporting or connecting members of similar or different material as, for instance, a stirrup strap or beam hanger for supporting the end of a beam or joist at a masonry wall.
  • A person whose trade it is to install gypsum board products.