- verb to become mature and break out of the egg
- An opening in a floor or roof of a building, as in a deck of a vessel, having a hinged or completely removable cover. When open, a hatch permits ventilation or the passage of persons or products.
- noun an opening in an aircraft, ship or vehicle, which is fitted with a cover
- noun a door cut into a floor or ceiling, lifted to provide access to the area below or above it
- noun a small connecting hole in a wall between two rooms, or the small doors that cover this hole.
- verb to drink, drain one’s glass. A matter-of-fact beer-drinkers’ term, derived from the exclamation ‘down the hatch!’.
- noun an opening in the floor or wall with a little door