- noun a device for producing heat
Cars & Driving
- A general term including stoves, appliances, and other heat-producing units.
- A person who heats something, such as a steelworker who heats rivets on a small forge before passing them to the sticker.
- A component, device, apparatus, piece of equipment, or system which serves to provide heat.
- A resistor utilized as a source of heat, through the conversion of electrical energy.
- An element which supplies heat to a heater-type cathode.
- noun a handgun. A pre-World War II term which was appropriated by writers of crime fiction.