- noun a graph on which values are represented as vertical or horizontal bars
- A chart employing bars to communicate information. Such bars are usually vertical, and their height indicates a given value, such as a percentage or frequency of occurrence within a given category, interval, or the like, which is plotted along the horizontal axis. Alternatively, the bars may be horizontal, with the independent variable plotted along the vertical axis.
Information & Library Science
- noun a graph on which the data is represented by vertical or horizontal bars
- noun a way of displaying frequency values as columns whose height is proportional to the corresponding frequency
- synonymbar chart (written as Histogram)
- synonymBar Chart