(written as hold-up)a delay; an occasion on which something is later than planned
(written as hold-up)an occasion on which a person with a gun steals money from someone
- phrasal verb to support something
- phrasal verb to make someone or something late
- phrasal verb to use a gun to make someone give up all their money
- phrasal verb to stay at a high level
(written as Hold-up)A rate of reimbursement by a purchaser at which the provider receives the lowest rate they are willing to accept to provide a service but which provides no incentive to invest.
(written as hold-up)the act of holding up a bank, etc.
- verb to go into a bank, stop a lorry, etc., in order to steal money