- noun a group of shares owned
- noun land and buildings held by a freehold or leasehold occupier
- noun a ruling given by a court of law, especially one that decides a legal issue raised by a particular case
- noun a piece of land that is leased from someone else, especially when used for agricultural purposes
- adjective in possession of illicit drugs. A legalistic, officialese term, also adopted by drug-abusers.
- noun in some sports, the illegal use of the arms to hold or obstruct an opponent