- noun a climbing plant that has long thin groups of green flowers which are used dried in brewing to add flavour to beer.
- noun the path taken by a packet of data as it moves from one server or router to another
- An excursion of a radio wave from the earth to the ionosphere and back to the earth. There may be multiple such hops en route between a transmitter and a receiver, and these may be used for long-distance radio communications.
- In a communications network, a segment between two nodes.
- A plant, Humulus lupulus, of the mulberry family with long twining stems bearing catkin-like flower clusters which when dried are used to give the bitter flavour to beer. The young shoots may be used as a vegetable.
- noun a short trip, especially in an aircraft
- noun a bitter fruit used in making beer