horizontal sync pulse
- The pulse which synchronizes the line-by-line scanning of a TV receiver with that of a TV transmitter. When synchronized, the relative position of the electron beam in the picture tube is the same as that of the scanning beam in the camera tube. In a TV system, such a pulse is transmitted at then end of each line, and triggers horizontal retracing and horizontal blanking. It is an abbreviation of horizontal synchronization pulse, or horizontal synchronizing pulse. Also called horizontal pulse, horizontal synchronization signal, horizontal synchronizing signal, horizontal synchronization pulse, horizontal synchronizing pulse, horizontal sync signal, or line sync pulse.
- synonymhorizontal synchronization pulse
- synonymhorizontal synchronization signal
- synonymhorizontal synchronizing pulse
- synonymhorizontal synchronizing signal
- synonymhorizontal sync signal