- noun a place which is exciting
- noun a place where fighting is taking place
Cars & Driving
- A point, or a comparatively small region, within a surface, component, circuit, device, or system, where there is a higher temperature than that of its surrounding area. For example, such a spot on an electrode.
- A point, or a comparatively small region within a surface, component, circuit, device, or system, where there is a greater amount or intensity of given quantity than that of its surrounding area. For example, an especially bright spot on the screen of a CRT.
- A point, such as a network node, at which a comparatively greater amount of activity occurs.
- On a screen pointer, the specific location which at which an action will be effected. For instance, the tip of a screen pointer in the shape of an arrow. Also called insertion point (1).
- An area of an image, a section of text, or the like, which when clicked activates a function. For example, such a spot may be a hyperlink.
- noun a building or area where wireless Internet users can access a high-speed Internet connection