- adjective made up of differing elements
- noun a combination of financial instruments, e.g., a bond with warrants attached, or a range of cash and derivative instruments designed to mirror the performance of a financial market
- noun a new form of plant or animal resulting from a cross between organisms that have different genotypes
- The result of breeding plants of two different varieties.
- Indicative of something that results from a combination of two or more dissimilar components working together. For example, a hybrid circuit.
- adjective used for describing a plant or animal that is the result of a cross between organisms that have different genotypes
- noun an organism that is a result of a cross between individuals that are not genetically the same as each other
Information & Library Science
- noun a mixture of different things
- noun a combination of cultural forms (styles of music, genres of film etc.) resulting in a new form, or one that is popular with the audiences of both the original forms.
- a grape variety produced either by crossing one species of grape vine with another, e.g. crossing the main species Vitis vinifera with Vitis labrusca or Vitis riparia (an interspecific cross), or by crossing two varieties of the same species (an intraspecific cross), to obtain a variety with improved characteristics such as disease resistance or winemaking quality