hydroelectric power station
- noun a power station that produces electricity using a flow of water to drive the turbines
- A location which combines the structures, devices, and equipment necessary to produce hydroelectric power in quantities adequate for residential, commercial, or industrial use. Also called hydroelectric generating station, hydroelectric power plant, hydro-power plant, or hydropower station.
- synonymhydroelectric generating station
- synonymhydroelectric power plant
- synonymhydropower station