- noun a multimedia system of organising information in which certain words in a document link to other documents and display the text when the word is selected
- noun a way of linking one word or image on an Internet page to another page in which clicking on certain words or images moves the user directly to the relevant new page
- Text which is connected through hyperlinks. When viewing a Web page, for example, hypertext usually appears underlined. Hypertext serves, for instance, to make it very simple to navigate between multiple sources when accessing information on a given topic, by simply clicking on the hyperlinked words and/or phrases of interest.
- noun a piece of highlighted text on a webpage that can be clicked on to link to another page
- noun the way in which technology makes it more possible to produce, access and interact with texts than before